Saturday, July 31, 2010

painted furniture



I just moved into a new apartment and with that I needed some new furniture to fill it. I need end tables, a dresser, random other little things. But, as you know I am a poor college student so, I am trying to find some second hand things. I have found a few that I feel are great pieces of furniture, well made, in good shape, yet are ugly as sin. They need a paint job and some fun new knobs. I also own a desk that I love but I have wanted to paint for years. I'm nervous though, what color do I paint it? What technique can I use to spice things up? Should I do something fun with a sponge? Paint it one solid, bold color, antique it, paint it in great contrasting shades? These are a few pictures I found for some inspiration. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment