Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kansas City Knits

Knitting is one of my most favorite things to do when I have some free time. I find it so relaxing to curl up on the couch with a project, a glass or wine, and movie at the end of a long day. I love being able to make gifts for my friends and family for birthdays and holidays. Most of all I love shopping for new yarns, needles, and notions! I can lose my mind in a yarn shop, looking at all the different textures, soft and chunky, fine and fuzzy, and of course, warm and cozy. These are some of my favorite knitting shops around Kansas City. The Studio is located on West 47th street just off The Plaza. They have a great selection of all different yarns, on Tuesday mornings they have Coffee and Stitch, bring in your project, they provide coffee and muffins, and stitch your heart art with some cool people. Florilegium (it rhymes with foreign legion) is located in downtown Parkville, on the south side of the train tracks. I wish my house looked like the inside of the place. They have beautiful displays, really creative decor, and enough yarn, beads, threads, ribbons, and charms to make your head spin. They also provide any class you want for two or more, just purchase the materials and they'll show you how! Urban Arts and Crafts is not just a yarn store, its a yarn, fabric, jewelry, scrapbook, card, and book store. Its an awesome burst of color as soon as you walk in the door. They have a great selection of of yarns and some really great crafting books, they also have a wonderful calender of classes, I am always inspired as soon as I walk in the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment