Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MMMMMMilk






Shatto Milk Company is a local dairy that is located just north of the Kansas City metro area. They are a locally owned family dairy with a drive for making pure, wholesome milk.  I began buying their milk just this past year and I never want to buy anything else. I am not a big milk drinker, but I love a bowl of cereal once in a while and of course its a must for macaroni and cheese. Shatto Milk Company not only has milk though, today i just picked up a gallon of sweet tea, and noticed they also had fruit punch and orange drink. Their milk flavors range from the classics, Whole, 2%, and Skim but also they have amazing Chocolate, Strawberry, Orange, and get this..Root Beer. That's right Root beer flavored milk. I have to admit I haven't tried it. The great thing about this company is not just that they never use growth hormones but their milk is bottled in glass jars, you pay a small deposit for at the grocery store and when you're finished with it, you rinse it out, return it to the store and your deposit is returned. That way they can reuse these bottles as often as they can. The glass keeps the milk colder, and really, who doesn't love the aesthetic of milk in a glass jar? Shatto offers tours of their dairy for those who are interested and hosts events on their farm. When I visited the website earlier, I even found out they will be coming out with Ice Cream. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment