Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Athleta

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I didn't hear about this brand until today. I got this great catalog from Athleta in my mailbox for the first time (some people think their junk mail, I adore catalogs) and I've looked at it about seven times already. Created by the Gap Corporation, this sportswear is amazing! They have everything from dresses and skirts to yoga wear to runner's wear to bathing suites designed for surfers. Not only are their clothes really cute with great designs, their models make me want to get off my butt (which I've been sitting on way too much) and go running, or play tennis, or go swimming, or learn to surf, or go for a bike ride, or do some yoga, or hike a trail...the list goes on and on. No skinny models here, you can tell these chicks are active and they look genuinely happy. While I'm trying to curb my spending right now, I'm having a lot of fun looking through this catalog. 

correction 6/8/2010: It was brought to my attention that Athleta was not created by The Gap corporation but was bought by them about a year ago. Thanks for the info!

2 comments:

  1. fyi - Athleta was not created by Gap, they bought Athleta over a year ago. Athleta was started in Sonoma County, CA over 10 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete