Thursday, June 10, 2010

Girlosophy

I'm a bit of a dork and, I will admit that there are a lot of books aimed at teens that I really love at the age of 27. With all the adult hype over the Twilight series and such, I know I'm not alone. I really love these books, the Girlosophy series that are written by Anthea Paul. So far there are nine books in the series (four of which I own) and they are all full of good advice, real girls and women, true stories, and wonderfully colorful pictures. My favorite is A Soul Survival Kit but they have some other great titles including The Love Survival Kit, How To Write Your Own Life, Real Girls Eat, and The Oracle, among others. I wish I would have had books like these when I was 15 because they do not just scratch the surface. They give actually useful information, advice, and inspiration that stems from a soul level. Paul wants girls to focus on what is real, feeling comfortable in their own skin instead of finding the right bag to carry with the right shoes. At any age, Girlosophy is one to live by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment