Sunday, June 6, 2010

Those Men They Don't Make Anymore

I was born in the wrong era. There really aren't really any celebrities these days that I crush on. Maybe its from all those years growing up watching old TV shows, but I prefer men from the 1960s and before. There is a certain j'ne sais quoi from these men that makes my heart flutter still. I can't even say anything about this picture of Paul Newman...just savor it. Gregory Peck as well, he may be the most gorgeous man who ever lived. Roman Holiday was the first movie I saw him in and I didn't want to get up once because I couldn't take my eyes off of him. The young Dick Van Dyke has been a crush for me since I was about 10. For me, he has the whole package, funny, a good dancer, charming, dresses well, and he was so sweet to Laura on the Dick Van Dyke Show. While there are other actors out there who may be sex symbols for this generation, these guys were beyond that. Classy, cool, charming, and talented, they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

1 comment: