Thursday, June 24, 2010

Plant and Page

I'm honestly almost speechless when I try to talk about Led Zeppelin because I love them so much. I don't really know exactly what it is, because it's such a mix of everything. That amazing voice, that incredible guitar. Amazing and Incredible shouldn't even be words to describe them because they do not even approach how great Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are together. I can't really say what my favorite song by them is, but I must confess I get cravings to hear When The Levee Breaks like some get cravings for Thai Food. Sometimes I feel like I cannot live another day until I hear that song again. I just listened to it four times in a row. There is something that happens when I hear Led Zeppelin. I cannot sit still, my heart starts fluttering, the music is so electrifying, so creative and unique, and so full of passion, its almost as if I have to stop what I'm doing no matter what so I can appreciate the song that's playing. I don't know if there ever has been or ever will be as great of a rock band than Led Zeppelin. This may sound really cheesy, but my one of the best things I've heard about Led Zeppelin came from That 70's Show . Someone asked Hyde why he always wore a Led Zeppelin T-shirt and he replied "If God didn't want me to wear this t-shirt so much, he wouldn't have made them rock so hard." Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment