Monday, March 15, 2010

Go to the Library.



Anyone who knows me knows I love books. I especially love libraries. In fact, that's what I plan to do with my life, if I ever get out of school. Currently I am getting my bachelors in English, Creative Writing. Then, I plan on getting my Masters in Library Science from The University of Missouri. I went with my godson to the Plaza branch of the Kansas City Library today and he thought this sculpture by Donald Lipski was pretty cool. He even jumped through it. I could spend hours and hours and days and weeks in the library looking at books on subjects I never thought I was interested in. If you haven't been to your local library lately, get over there! Who doesn't like borrowing instead of buying? Books, CDs, Movies, free internet, really fun library events like talks from authors and artists. If it's been a while since you've gone, I am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised! 

No comments:

Post a Comment