Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sabrina Ward Harrison





I don't think it's just me. I always feel like I am on the path to finding or really creating my true self. We are all a work in progress. I picked up Spilling Open by Sabrina Ward Harrison when I was 18. Read through it in wonder and then when I packed everything away to go travel, it got packed away too. I reopened it when I was 22 and again, read through it in wonder, finding it just as relevant as I had four years ago. Again, I picked it up with I was about 25 or 26 and found myself finding other passages that maybe hadn't spoken to me as strongly earlier, shake me to the core. I decided I had to immediately find and buy her other books, Brave on the Rocks and Messy Thrilling Life.  They are just as wonderful. Sabrina's books so eloquently illustrate in both words and pictures the greatness of life, from being totally insecure about your body, or feeling inadequate in your chosen path to those glorious days when you finally feel like you've got it, the sun is shinning bright and you're feeling beautiful, encouraged, hopeful, validated, and the world is yours for the taking (and giving). Not only are her words encouraging, her pages a true illustrations of these feelings, each page is a literal work of art. I think Spilling Open will remain my favorite of the three because it was the first I read and the one I've read the most, but each book is immensely special, wonderfully honest, and extremely gorgeous. Purchase any of these and other wonderful books by Sabrina here.

No comments:

Post a Comment