Saturday, March 20, 2010

mmmmm food.



So, I told you all about some great restaurants in St. Louis last week, but I haven't done that for my own town, Kansas City. These are some of my favorite restaurants in the city. Spin! pizza is so amazing. And I'm not just saying that because I work there. It really is the best pizza in the city.  I eat there after my shifts, not just because its convenient but because it's that good. I love the Pollo Chevre. An olive oil glaze with roast chicken, goat cheese, caramelized onions and crimini mushrooms with fresh mozzarella. I also love the new whole wheat crust with the Pizza Classica. I am loving the Spinaci e Ricotta: spinach, ricotta cheese, sliced tomatoes on a red sauce with fresh mozzarella and oregano. The Sonoma salad is also amazing. Lots of lettuce, apples, raisins, grapes, crushed pecans, goat cheese, with a blood orange vinaigrette to top it off.  La Bodega is also so amazing. I can suck down some of the Sangria like I'm an eight year old drinking kool-aid. Tapas is also just so much fun, I love getting together with my best girlfriends and coming here, picking out some food and everyone taking a few bites. My absolute favorite thing is the Crespelle de Feta y Puerros, this wonderful layered crepe slice with feta cheese, leeks, and basil. It is one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. Then there is Eggtc. Such great breakfast. Sometimes there can be a wait on a table, especially if you come on a weekend, but it is definitely worth the wait. My boyfriend claims to be a French Toast connoisseur and he says theirs is the best he's had. I love the Eggs Benedict Florentine and their Despierto Burrito. They also have a great Bloody Mary. 
Check out the menus for these great restaurants at their respective websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment