Thursday, March 18, 2010

Who doesn't love Amy?


I love to sew. When I have some free time I really love to spend it behind my sewing machine. I scored a Free 1954 Necchi Supernova when I lived in Winona, Minnesota and it works like a charm, nice and heavy duty and runs beautifully. For the past...while it has sadly been sitting on my desk collecting dust because I rarely get time to myself to work on things BUT when I do, I Love to use Amy Butler Fabrics. I discovered Amy Butler through her book InStitches which I picked up at my local library. It comes with patterns for projects that are way cooler than those goofy patterns you pick up at Hobby Lobby that end up looking like giant sacks or monstrosities you want to burry in your closet.  She has patterns for everything from lounge pants, to bedside organizers, to cozy quilts. She designs all her own fabrics which are usually a modern take on classics, like damask prints in modern colors, that look fresh and beautiful anywhere. Check out her other books too, Midwest Modern and Little Stitches for Little Ones

No comments:

Post a Comment