Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Urban Arts and Crafts





The first time I walked in this place, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The beads, the paper, the fabrics, the yarn, the craft books. Oh my! I could spend and entire day in here and more money than I can compute. Urban Arts and Crafts is located in Briarcliff Village just off 9 highway in Riverside, Missouri. As soon as you walk in the bright colors invite you in and you slip into a daze only crafters understand. You are like a kid in a candy store. I tend to drift to the back corners to fondle soft yarns in bright colors and stare in awe at their wall of beautiful needles. On the opposite wall is a plethora of Amy Butler, Denyse Schmidt, and Anna Maria Horner fabrics along with fat quarters, notions, patterns and wonderfully inspired project books. They offer classes through the year where you can make your own projects, altered art jewelry, knit hand warmers, screen printed anything, and more.  Check out their class schedule. They are located at 4157 North Mulberry Drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment